Painting the Smelly Closet

One of the smaller DIY projects that I worked on was painting the “smelly” closet as we called it. No matter what we tried it always had a musty smell to it. So, we decided a fresh coat of primer and paint would hopefully do the trick. This is our main linen closet, and so I was really wanting it to be useable!

DSC_6047

Here is what the closet looked like to start off with.

DSC_7069

Some of the shelves were wedged in pretty well, so I had to use a rubber mallet to get them out.

DSC_7070

I painted the shelves, closet walls, and ceiling with Kilz Primer.


DSC_7072

Then I painted the everything the same Behr Premium Plus paint as we used in the nursery on the walls.

DSC_7073

I also painted the tops, bottoms, and edges of the shelves which took the longest since I had to paint, let it dry, rotate, and so on.


DSC_7078

Here is the final after, I know you can’t really see much of a difference,but in person it was a lot less scuffed, fresh, and not musty smelling so that is VERY exciting because now it houses our extra blankets and pillows!

You may also like...

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>